A. Collection of Information
You acknowledge and agree that ExitCalifornia.org may collect information from you and about you when you use the Services. The information collected will be used to communicate with you and operate ExitCalifornia.org’s program. In some instances, ExitCalifornia.org may collect and use your information for other purposes detailed below.
Specifically, ExitCalifornia.org may collect the following information from you:
- Your Contact Information. This includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail, and details you provide to us about you.
- Web Usage. ExitCalifornia.org uses Google Analytics, which tracks and manages cookie information so that we and third-party service providers can better deliver advertisements that are relevant and useful to you online, including ExitCalifornia.org’s web site and various other websites across the Internet. We have also implemented Google Analytics display network impression reporting to better understand how ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our sites.
- Your Social Networks. If you use the social networking connection functions offered through ExitCalifornia.org, we may access all of your social network profile information that you have made available to be shared with us.
- Your Payment Information (for Affiliates and other third party service providers). If necessary to secure payment from you, ExitCalifornia.org will collect your credit/debit card information. This information is secured using industry-standard encryption technology. ExitCalifornia.org will use this information to complete your order, and will not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to complete the order or comply with applicable law as detailed below.
ExitCalifornia.org will never attempt to collect payment or payment information from anyone interested in using the program. There is no cost to a user for using the Services.
B. Use of Information
Generally speaking, ExitCalifornia.org will use information collected from you to provide you with the Services and to improve the Services. You thus acknowledge and agree that ExitCalifornia.org may use information collected from you for the following purposes.
- Communications with You. ExitCalifornia.org will use your e-mail address, physical address, and phone number to communicate with you as necessary, including providing you with information you have requested or confirming that you will receive the Services. If you do not wish to receive e-mails from ExitCalifornia.org, send an e-mail to email@example.com
C. Disclosure of Information.
You acknowledge and agree that ExitCalifornia.org may share information about you in the following circumstances:
- You ask us to share the information. If you request that ExitCalifornia.org contacts a third party on your behalf, then you are consenting to disclosure of information and, particularly, personal contact information and any information we collect through your use of ExitCalifornia.org’s web site. For example, if you choose to contact a real estate agent or lender through the Services, we will send your contact information to a real estate agent or lender.
- ExitCalifornia.org needs to disclose the information to provide the Services. ExitCalifornia.org may hire or contract with a service provider or business partner to operate some part or all of ExitCalifornia.org’s business or provide better services to you. In order to provide the Services to you, ExitCalifornia.org may allow a third party to access information. ExitCalifornia.org will only disclose the information necessary for the service provider or business partner to perform the Services.
- ExitCalifornia.org affiliates with a different company or sells its business. ExitCalifornia.org may share information with any company or companies that affiliate with ExitCalifornia.org, including business partners. If ExitCalifornia.org is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. Information may be transferred along with the business. Any company with whom ExitCalifornia.org affiliates or partners with has their own privacy and consumer information policies and, potentially, additional laws with which they must comply. ExitCalifornia.org is not responsible for ensuring compliance by other individuals, companies, or business partners.
- ExitCalifornia.org is required by law to disclose information. ExitCalifornia.org may disclose any information in response to a subpoena or court order, and whenever ExitCalifornia.org has a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request, (b) detect, prevent, or otherwise respond to fraud, security or technical concerns, (c) support auditing and compliance functions, or (d) protect the rights, property, or safety of the public against harm.
D. Complaint Procedure and Your Right to Request Removal of Information.
E. ExitCalifornia.org’s Right to Amend Policy.
F. ExitCalifornia.org’s Efforts to Secure Information.
ExitCalifornia.org uses technical and physical safeguards to protect against foreseeable breaches of its data, including the unauthorized use, access, or destruction of any information subject to this policy.